Gain Invaluable Experience as a Mentee
The Australian Network on Disability are delighted to inform you that student applications for the PACE Mentoring Program Autumn 2019 are now open!
Positive Action towards Career Engagement (PACE Mentoring) connects students and jobseekers with disability with mentors from leading Australian businesses. It gives students an opportunity to develop their skills and confidence in a workplace setting. Previous mentors have come from organisations such as, ANZ Bank, Victoria Police, Bupa, Cummins, Australian Government Departments etc.
How it works
Students will be paired with an experienced professional who they will meet with six to eight times within a four-month period between May to August. The meetings last between one and two hours. Students can discuss their career goals and aspirations, and get help to develop a plan for their personal and professional development.
Their mentor will help them identity and reach their career development goals and build their confidence in a workplace environment. Meetings with mentors may include:
- Reviewing resumes and cover letters
- Mock interviews
- Networking with other professionals
- Building confidence
- Attending events and team meetings.
Am I eligible?
- Be over 18 years of age
- Identify as having any type of disability
How do I apply?
- Read the details on our information page for students and complete our online application form by March 2019. Early applications are recommended. Applications are open now!
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all, any other queries about the program, please contact us by email or for urgent matters call 1300 36 36 45.
- Follow the PACE Mentoring Facebook Page for updates
APPLY HERE before the end of March to be considered for the Autumn 2019 cohort of PACE. (early applications are encouraged).